Re: [LUG] Yahoo Mail

On Wednesday 17 October 2007 23:46:00 Ray Smith wrote:
> Sent wirelessly with Palm T3
>
> Julian Hall <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> __________
>
> >Ray Smith wrote:
> >> I believe you have to go into settings on the yahoo web mail client side
> >> as well to tell it to allow sending/receiving mail from an external
> >> source.
> >>
> >> If not even if the name & passwords are correct it will still fail.
> >>
> >> Ray
> >
> >Yes and last time I looked it said POP wasn't available yet.  Maybe by
> >now it is?
> >
> >Kind regards,
> >
> >Julian
> >
> >--
>
> I do know on the paid for service you can use pop.
> Don't know about the free one 'now' as they did change certain thibgs but I
> still have an old account I set up years ago that I have no problems
> sending/receiving from using pc based email clients. Don't know about from
> a server though. I know if I try to send thru yahoo mail over gprs it fails
> but I can collect ok. Over gprs I have to use the orange smtp server. No
> problems with google mail as long as all the ports are set up ok though.
>
> Ray

Looks like an old account does the lot, but I will have to upgrade to a 'Plus'
account to be able to send.  Google looks like the alternative if a <reply
to> my_yahoo_address works.

The Postfix server arrangement on my gateway is necessary because I do not use
forwarding/NAT/masquerading, but works with any LInux or Windows mail
clients.

OK thanks to everyone.