Re: [LUG] supercomputer - using ps3's

Clare Shepherd wrote:
> On 17 Oct 2007, at 21:51, Paul Sutton wrote:
>
>> http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/10/17/1314221&from=rss
>>
>> this sounds fun too.
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> --
> Thanks for posting that, Paul. It's a pretty neat idea. I love things
> like that. Open the back, hack it, break your warranty as Make
> Magazine says.
> Clare

You probably wouldn't even have to back it apart, unlike some other
manufacturer of consoles that overheat, Sony designed the PS3 so it
could run Linux on an unmodified console.  I think the only drawback is
you don't get access to the graphics chip.  Now if you could access the
graphics chip too then that would make way for a real fast number
cruncher (going on what I've read about running code on a video card).

Rob