Re: [LUG] DIY supercomputer

> I have managed to get the community centre to start organising
> broadband. Would it be worth pushing the date back three weeks or so
> to ensure that it is available? Will it help the project run smoother?
>
> Thoughts please?

I think if we have all the cables and other kit we need, then we should
not need broadband,   after all we are a resourceful group,   If we find
we need broadband then organise additional meetings,   as it sounds like
we will have a regular venue in lostwithel, which is ideal.

If this meeting is off,  then we need to know ASAP as people have
planned around this meeting, for example myself. and Clare who has
kindly offered me a lift,

another reason to hold this now is driving,  while its still light
around 5pm in a few weeks it won't be,  those people who have to drive
may prefer not to have to drive in the dark,   I think for many people
driving in daylight is always preferable to driving at night,

We have a window of opportuity,  if we find on the day we need internet
then its all part of the learning curve,  but at the end of the day,  we
will meet up,  have a laugh,  and a good time,

Given recent reports of getting internet access from just 2 of our
younger members,  3 weeks ends up as 3 months, in some cases,  so
another reason to do this now.  If Tom B can get a school in Cameroon
wired up with LTSP without broadband,  surely we can get a cluster set
up in england without it,

lets go for it.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Events
18th October 2007 - Ubuntu 7.10 release date
20th October 2007 - Lug clustering meeting.
25th October 2007 - Meeting Paignton
28th October - Penzance Computers meet
11th November. Penzance Computers meet

details on lug site, www.dcglug.org.uk under meetings.

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug