Re: [LUG] DIY supercomputer

>> I have the computers and am a bit worried about whether I have enough
>> monitors or indeed enough network cards or power leads or network
>> leads etc to join them together. I have been busting a gut in an
>> attempt to get equipment together but I haven't got the knowledge to
>> know what I will need.

I can't help with monitors,  but should be able to collect together some
network leads, power leads at least,  if other people do the same, then
hopefully we will end up with too many which is better than not enough.

In fact I rescued a plastic box from the skip at the school i work so I
have just put a 5 cat 5 leads in there, along with a few power leads,

Out of interest if we start with a small number of nodes, get that
working then add to it,  I spoke to neil S on the chat channel and it
seems a simple case of boot  from network,   however if we link 12
computers,

Does anyone have a network cable tester,  that may be useful just in
case we need to determine if a length of cat 5 cable is bad.

Paul