Re: [LUG] BBC IPlayer - A U-Turn ?

Quoting Viv <viv.griffin@xxxxxxxxx>:

> It seems that now we will be getting access to BBC IPLayer if we want it
> (by the end of the year) !

> Does this mean that the "minority" MAC and Linux users are now numerous
> enough that the big corporations are taking notice of us ?
>
> Viv

Nah, they're just doing a youtube, making the video available online
using Flash.  We still can't download the videos and watch at our
leisure, just stream them (and I presume not in as high quality as if
they did a download service).

I personally think it's a bodge so they can go to the BBC Trust and
say that they've made it available to Linux and Mac users, technically
they have, but its still not offering the same thing as the iPlayer on
Windows.

Rob