Re: [LUG] UKFSN

Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Recently there were a few mails about changing ISP. I notice that one
> provider, UK Free Software Network, claims that all profits go to fund
> UK free software projects.
>
> They seem to have very good ratings from users. Does anyone in the
> group have any comments about them please? At the moment I am with
> Eclipse. They have been OK mostly, but I would like to help free
> software if possible.
>
> Neil Winchurst

Well UKFSN are a reseller for Enta, I use another Enta reseller called
Vivaciti.  Basically once you've signed up pretty much everything is
delt with by Enta (billing, support etc).  AFAIK the guy who runs UKFSN
also will provide support.

Speaking as a customer of Enta overall, I'd say their service is great,
the speed is excellent (I am on the Office Max 45 connection which is
the office grade 8Mbit Max broadband), I get around 7.6Mbit downstream
and 832Kbit upstream.

I take it since you're already with Eclipse you are already tied to a
fair usage policy?

Enta are fair in this respect, you get a clear idea of what your usage
limits are.  For the home broadband connection £19.99 inc VAT will get
you can 30 Gigabyte transfer in peak time (I believe this is 8am to 10pm
Monday to Friday) and 300 Gigabyte off peak (10pm to 8pm Monday To
Thursday, and all weekend from Friday at 10pm).

You also get a control panel to see what your usage is for that month.

Personally I'd say go for it, just request a Mac code from Eclipse,
migration is free.

 From what I understand from previous posts on the ThinkBroadband (nee
ADSL Guide) forums, the profits from UKFSN go towards funding a
developer of FLOSS software, although this may have changed slightly.

Rob