Re: [LUG] working with A level students in a Microsoft Academy

Jonathan Roberts wrote:

>>> http://simonwaters.technocool.net/test.swf
>
> I tried to open it in Firefox and Konqueror. FF showed nothing. K showed
>> a black screen and a message at the bottom "Klash: stop playing". I have
>> Gnash and thought it should just open in FF. No? ditto Klash and K.
>
> Worked fine in my Firefox with Adobe Flash installed

Worked fine in Gnash in Debian Sid as well.

I fear we have better authoring tools than free software players in some
cases, although recent versions of Gnash, and mplayer, cope with pretty
much anything you throw at them.

OpenOffice (and Star office before it) long featured good PDF export,
and plenty of other filters.

I note that James appears to be using a version of Evolution which is a
copuple of minor releases begind that in Debian Stable, not saying
Debian can be a tad slow with getting stuff into stable, but if you are
behind Debian stable one does start to wonder if the updating tool is
working if your distro ;)

 Simon, trying to ignore that too many of his servers are on Sarge still.