Re: [LUG] working with A level students in a Microsoft Academy

> I've also offered assistance to a local gymnastics club which my
> youngest goes to.  They're based in Torquay and have moved to a new
> location in Barton (across from Barton Medical Centre) and needed help
> with things like painting and decorating amongst other things and also
> help with computers and phones.  I instantly thought of LTSP and
> Asterisk or something along those lines.  I've yet to hear back from
> them, I think they're a bit busy still with building work but I've asked
> my other half to say we have a merry band of IT folk who want to help
> (I'm willing to give my time for free, and I'm sure there's bound to be
> a few more of you folks who could possibly help one way or another - for
> instance advice on setting up asterisk?).
>

>> I am sure we can come up with some good ideas.
>>

> Sure we can, even better if we can get some of these ideas in motion.
>
> Rob

I am willing to help in any way I can.   Is there a way the lug can get
publicity from helping out, something on the wall saying computers and
IT support provided by the DCGLUG.

That way it shows that us Linux users are not just a bunch of geeks who
spend hours hunched over a computer (a popular stereotype), but people
who get out there, and have real lives and are also keen to help
others.  It also  reflects the whole OSS community in a good way.  Which
will be a good thing.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Events
25th October 2007 - Meeting Paignton
20th October 2007 - Lug clustering meeting. Is this still on !!!!
18th October 2007 - Ubuntu 7.10 release date
28th October - Penzance Computers meet
11th November. Penzance Computers meet

details on lug site, www.dcglug.org.uk under meetings.

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug