Re: [LUG] please take this and have 5 years in jail!

On Wed, October 3, 2007 09:23, Tom Potts wrote:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10/03/ripa-decryption_keys_power/
> If I send you some encrypted data and you accidentally read the message
> (ie
> save it to your hard drive) and you don't give the police the decryption
> key
> you don't have they can bang you up for 5 years!
> Tom te tom te tom

"Controversially, someone who receives a Section 49 notice can be
prevented from telling anyone apart from their lawyer that they have
received such a notice."

WTF ??

that is wrong.... just wrong...

Disclaimer:

By sending an email to me addresses you are agreeing that:

1. I am "the intended recipient";

2. All information in the email is mine to do with as I see fit and make
such financial profit, political mileage, or good joke as it lends itself
to; in particular, I may quote it on usenet or publish it online;

3. I may take the contents as representing the views of your company;

4. This overrides any disclaimer or statement of confidentiality that may
be included on your message.