Re: [LUG] Kubuntu course in North Cornwall?

Tom Potts wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 October 2007 17:41, john.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Posted by "John Hansen" <john.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>

>> It is some time since I asked whether any one knew of a course in North
>> Cornwall on the subject of Kubuntu or perhaps Ubuntu. With the various
>> evening classes etc starting soon there might be a course which would me. I
>> am able to use Kubuntu for accessing the Internet using Konqueror and
>> Firefox as well as read emails with Thunderbird. Open Office is also
>> manageable -sort of ;-)
>>
>> What I need is a basic course or instruction to make me more confident in
>> using Kubuntu not that my needs are all that great.
>>
>> I would be delighted if any of you know of a course or training facility
>> offering such instruction.
>>
> John - this may be a cart-horse order problem but do you have an idea of what
> you would like?
> Tom te tom te tom
>

> Tom,
I am after some basic training about the use of Kubuntu which I am happy
to use for internet
access and Open Office. Where I find it tricky is how to file and use
folders. I still use
Windows XP for several applications and it would be helpful if I could
learn to use Wine
for these.
I am not interested in going too far into the realms of Linux but only
wish to be able to
use the OS for some quite simple activities.

I have a couple of books on Ubuntu which also gives some info on Kubuntu
but I seem
to learn rather better by seeing it done by someone who knows the ins
and outs.

There was a member in Truro who also expressed an interest in learning a
little more
about the subject so somewhere like Wadebridge or Bodmin would perhaps be
suitable venues.

John