Re: [LUG] Sue Microsoft!!

On Tuesday 25 September 2007 12:54, Mark Jose wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 September 2007 12:40, Rob Beard wrote:
> > Quoting Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > > I have just heard there is a US legal firm setting up a class action
> > > against BA and Virgin for price fixing. They've already been convicted
> > > so they're going for compensation for the victims.
> > > Methinks it might be an interesting idea to get them (or someone else)
> > > to do the same for microsoft!
> > > Tom te tom te tom
> >
> > I can't remember where but someone was talking about a class action
> > law suit against Microsoft because of their software not being up to
> > scratch (I think the arguement was they are selling something that
> > isn't fit for the purpose).
> >
> > Certainly seems like an idea.
> >
> > Rob
>
> Doesn't the licence state that they don't warrant their products as fit for
> any specific purpose - rather like the GPL? No idea, I never use Microsoft
> offerings myself, but I can't imagine they would have left a loophole like
> that for someone to take them to court.

BA and Virgin are being sued for the overcharging.
The same can apply to M$ - they have abused their monopoly so I want some of
the extra money I had to spend on their product back. I want money back that
I had to pay out to them for a PC when I didn't want their product on it. I
want money back for the several billion tax payers money too much thats been
spent on government IT projects.
etc etc
Tom te tom te tom