[LUG] zoom admin gui

I have just purchased a zoom X6 modem/router. Trying to reset the admin
password using the web gui refused to work, it just reset itself back to
the factory default. On contacting tech support it turns out one needs
to start a telnet session and use a command line command. This is not
documented anywhere!

So I guess very few people actually change the password to the web gui.
So my question is how insecure is this? If someone from the net enters
my IP address do they see the entry screen as I do, or does something
setup by the ISP block this?

Simon

--
Simon Robert