Re: [LUG] USB speakers

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 10:58:21 +0100
Simon Robert <simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Simon,

>    how are they usb speakers if they run from a standard audio jack

I'd agree, but you know what marketing types are like.  Although from
your description, they would appear to have no audio i/p at all, and
seem to have the audio transferred of the USB line.

Just because the power light is on, doesn't mean there's enough current
available to actually run the speakers.

Example;  My USB powered scanner is detected by my computer, meaning the
electronics is powered, but will not actually scan anything because the
USB port cannot supply sufficient current to move the scanning head an
illuminate it with all the other USB peripherals plugged in.  Buying a
powered hub solved the problem.

What other USB equipt is plugged in, and have you tried disconnecting
any of it to see if the speakers do anything?

--
 Regards  _

Kill joy, bad guy, big talking, small fry
Death On Two Legs - Queen