[LUG] USB speakers

Hi
I have a set of usb speakers. tesco trust brand, that are supposed to
work with laptops. However they do not produce sound! When I plug them
in and reboot the module snd_usb_audio is added to the installed modules
and the sound mixer, kmix, displays a drop down list with "c-media usb
audio" as a selection option, but still no sound!

I've tried the obvious stuff like messing around with all the available
channels in kmix, but no joy. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks
    Simon

--
Simon Robert