Re: [LUG] resume of plans and to do's for Penzance meetings

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 09:30 +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
> Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a spec sheet next to each
> computer used,  especially for the VM ware demos,  partly so people know
> what hardware its running on,  and to dispel any myths you need super
> fast hardware and lots of RAM (even though this helps) for software such
> as VM ware to run on.
If we are talking graphics cards, maybe Stephen's machines will not be
high spec, unless people want to play multi-player internet games.

> I remember also at an Exeter University meeting,  we had 1/2 life
> running really well using wine (or cedega),  so thats really
> impressive,  so modern games running well on newish hardware would
> generate interest from those of us who like playing games,  and see that
> as a barrier to a full switch to OSS.
Excellent. I am sure we can have a games corner - are you able to set up
wine and/or cedega or both on one of his machines??
--
James Kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk