Re: [LUG] resume of plans and to do's for Penzance meetings

On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 09:45 +0100, Viv wrote:

> I have also installed the Beta version of Linux Mint 3.1 (VMWare). I
> have had a quick look and am very impressed so far.
Found your message saved in deleted items sorted by threads, even though
I asked for by date!

Have you tried 3.0?
>  I think the new
> version of Mint seems very stable and really easy to use. It may just be
> ideal for people trying out Linux for the first time (once the release
> version is ready). However, maybe we shouldn't show people a Beta
> version ? What do you think ?
Show perhaps. But not knowing VMWare, does this complicate or simplify
things? In any case, it sounds like we are going to have a great meeting
amongst ourselves seeing all these distros and things.

--
James Kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk