[LUG] Very OT Imperial v Metric [ Was Re: Clock problems]

Mark Jose wrote:
> Final moan for tonight - why the hell have schools stopped teaching times
> tables up to 12? They stop at 10 now - presumably decimalisation, but that
> seems to be a relatively new introduction.
> I am nearly 47.
>
> Mark
Final Final.

I'll have 3 metres of 2 x 4 [inch] please.

length metric, cross-section Imperial.... madness! :)

BTW IMHO Imperial is superior on accuracy grounds.  deg. F are smaller
than deg. C.  Granted inches are bigger than cm, but then you go down as
far as 1/8 and 1/16 - much more accurate.

Feet are smaller than metres... yards are smaller than metres.... pints
smaller than litres... etc....

And on that note, at Greenwich Mean Time 0253, nite nite :)

Julian