Re: [LUG] bug triage

Aaron Trevena wrote:

> Yeah - COBOL - it was already "legacy"  when it was taught to us at
> college

You'd be surprised.  COBOL was still in active development when I left
Micro Focus in '95.  There was even an OO COBOL standard and I'm sure
someone was working on CGI-type interfaces even after I left.  Horrid
language, though.  Fortunately I never had to use it.

> There was also
> an optional course in the "new and modern C programming language",
> which is odd as K&R was published at least a decade before I went to
> college.

1978, according to the copy I have here on my shelf, though it's a dodgy
Taiwanese knock-off so it may be wrong.

James