Re: [LUG] Clock problems

Julian Hall wrote:
> Clare Shepherd wrote:
>> I'm 60 and at O' Level I had to do algebra, differential calculus,
>> calculating volumes in various forms  etc. etc., so I think the above
>> is a slight exaggeration, nevertheless, it is funny.
>>
>> Clare
> I'm 37 and at O Level I revised solidly for six weeks only for some
> *bleep* to have printed on the paper 'You will need these formulae to
> complete this paper'.. at which point I was about ready to kill someone.

I took O-levels from '82 to '84, the majority in '83.  None of the
papers gave any formulae unless we wouldn't have covered them in the
syllabus.  If we'd been taught it, we were expected to know it.  This
wasn't just for maths (which didn't include calculus until AO or A
level, but did include a certain amount of mechanics and basic
probability and stats, iirc), but physics and chemistry too.  Possibly
biology, too, though I can't remember that exam.  Come to think of it,
I can't remember any of the lessons, either.

James