Re: [LUG] Clock problems

On 31 Aug 2007, at 13:27, Simon Waters wrote:

I'm just under 40, and can only tell you what LSD stands for because we

did shed loads of old maths O level papers. Pre-decimalisation you

basically got an O level pass for knowing how to work out change

correctly, decimalisation made this so much easier they had to introduce

all that "new maths" to fill the gap in the examination.

I'm 60 and at O' Level I had to do algebra, differential calculus,  calculating volumes in various forms  etc. etc., so I think the above is a slight exaggeration, nevertheless, it is funny.

Clare