Re: [LUG] OT - conspiracy theories - was facebook group

On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 18:15 +0100, Julian Hall wrote:
> James Kilty wrote:
> > Chomsky has given an account of such as why Germany was kept divided
> > even though Stalin offered reunification long before it actually
> > happened. Worth a read.

Though I used to absolutely revere Chomsky, I'm now more cautious.
There are even imputations that he may be a deep cover CIA agent.  He
dismisses the CFR and suchlike as "nothing organisations", detracts from
the effect of the Federal Reserve, and on the 9/11 truth movement said:

"The evidence that's been produced [in favor of 9/11 conspiracy
theories], in my opinion, is essentially worthless."

http://miami.indymedia.org/news/2006/09/5827.php

There's no need to say that someone with his analytical skills knows
that a guy in a cave in Afghanistan can't arrange for NORAD to stand
down.  Still, his work on neurolinguistic programming, media analysis
and propaganda remain recommended reading.

> If we're bringing Germany into it there is IMHO a strong argument to say
> that WWII was caused by Britain and the USA allowing France to have
> their way at the Treaty of Versailles.

Everyone knows that Dubya's grandad funded Hitler, right?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1312540,00.html

As I said in a prior message, conflicts are engineered by an
*international war crimes racketeering organisation*.

Anyone heard of Major General Smedley Butler?  He betrayed a cabal of
wealthy industrialists who tried to recruit him for a coup.  He later
wrote "War Is a Racket".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Is_a_Racket
http://warisaracket.org/benefits.html