Re: [LUG] OT - conspiracy theories - was facebook group

On 24/08/07, Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thursday 23 August 2007 19:36, Ralph Smithen wrote:
>
> > Why did WTC7 collapse?  You don't need a degree in physics (which I
> > have, incidentally) to see the earmarks of a controlled demolition, yet
> > it happened the same day!

> Theres a saying  - never attribute to malice that that can be attributed to
> stupidity.
> The stupidity there was simply cheap and nasty underengineering - the
> insulation was pathetic and so failed.

I wouldn'y go that far - the buildings are designed to withstand
impact from a light aircraft - like a cessna (one of which I've flown
and can say quite truthfully that it sometimes felt like being a
ladybird blown about on a breezy day), as opposed to a fuel filled
passenger jet. Building something to withstand a large plane full of
fuel would be too expensive and impractical.

There are a lot of major failures though - from failing to react to
the planes deviating from their course, to not evacuating people from
an area full of toxic dust, to putting people in a building they can't
escape from in the event of disaster.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk