Re: [LUG] OT - conspiracy theories - was facebook group

Hi Tom,

thanks again :)

On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 15:53 +0100, Tom Potts wrote:
> On Friday 24 August 2007 13:46, Ralph Smithen wrote:
> > If we don't recognise false flag terrorism, rather blindly accepting the
> > official story, then is that not inviting more of the same?  I don't
> > reckon that's a good idea.
> >
> > It's satisfying to realise that I don't have to caution you not to take
> > my word for it ;)
> >
> > Please don't take "authority"'s word for it either!  There's plenty of
> > public domain evidence available on the 9-11 tragedy.
>
> Its a given that the US engages in FFT:
> One off incidents: Yes.

Ongoing programmes (such as Gladio): yes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gladio
http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/GAN412A.html

> Paying someone else to do it: Yes.
> Covering up payment trail afterwards.. No!

>>From the 911 Commission report:
"To date, the U.S. government has not been able to determine the origin
of the money used for the 9/11 attacks. Ultimately the question is of
little practical significance."

I would argue that it is of enormous significance.

It is well known that the mujahideen were created and trained in
Afghanistan by the CIA to fight the Soviets, and that Osama Bin Laden is
a CIA asset.  Al Qaeda is often funded through the Pakistani ISI.
Mahmoud Ahmad, head of the ISI, wired $100k to the supposed lead
hijacker, Mohammed Atta, the month before 911.
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/FD08Aa01.html
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0208/S00045.htm
http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO111A.html

> Making a monumental cock up somewhere and spinning it to their 'advantage':
> Yes.
> Organising something as complicated as 11/9? No, that requires the
> intelligence of a troglodyte!
> Tom te tom te tom

I don't buy the supposed idiocy of American top-level planners.
Deranged, yes, but clever in their way.  Look at the declassified NSC
documents produced during the cold war.  They read like the fantasies of
a bunch of raving nutters indulging in ludicrous fairy tales, where the
Soviet Union represents all that's evil and America is the only shining
light of goodness, but they are consistent in doctrine and competent in
material strategy.

Understanding that military planners now consider 90% of their
operational considerations to be intelligence-based, seizing the mind of
the enemy, and that it seems they're directing their attention to us
with the (often unknowing?) complicity of the mass media, little wonder
most people don't have the facts straight.

Kind regards,
Ralph.