[LUG] webcams

I managed to compile a driver for my labtec camera  the other day,   it
worked (labtec using a quick cam driver),  I got a pic in camerama,  at
the end of the install it said something about using

modprobe quickcam,  to load the driver however this is coming up with

FATAL: Module quickcam not found.

I have even tried this in the /usr/src/modules/qc-usb-source

running ls in this directory gives

APPLICATIONS     debian                        qc-formats.c
qc-pb0100.c     quickcam.mod.c
COPYING          debug.sh                      qc-formats.o
qc-pb0100.o     quickcam.mod.o
CREDITS          freeshm.sh                    qc-hdcs.c
qc-vv6410.c     quickcam.o
FAQ              linux-2.4.20-quickcam.patch   qc-hdcs.o
qc-vv6410.o     quickcam.sh
Makefile         linux-2.6.18.patch            qc-memory.c
qcset           show.c
Module.symvers   linux-2.6.7-quickcam.patch    qc-memory.h
qcset.c         testquickcam
Modules.symvers  linux-2.6.8.1-quickcam.patch  qc-memory.o
qcweb-info.txt  videodev2.h
README.qce       qc-driver.c                   qc-mjpeg.c
quickcam.h      videodevfix.h
TODO             qc-driver.o                   qc-mjpeg.o    quickcam.ko

any idea whats going on,   or how to get the module to load again

thanks

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Events

Lug Bar B Que
Sunday 19th August 2007