Re: [LUG] LaTeX - can someone help please

> Thanks,  for the help,  this error is fixed now,   I will look into some
> gui packages for producing documents,  however I would like to also
> learn the manual way so If I am ever stuck at a console, and need to
> produce something, I can do.

Try Kile, which is a KDE frontend for latex. It has syntax
highlighting (for many languages) and some handy laxex-friendly
buttons for compiling, viewing, formatting and symbols. There's plugin
support for things like word completion. You can do most of it with
point and click so it's good when you don't know what commands you
should be typing. Also there are buttons to navigate between errors,
warnings and badboxes as reported by latex. You can also define your
own commands for building (eg I added in perltex and changed the xdvi
command to xdvi -watchfile 1). I found it very helpful before I knew
anything.

For a wysiwig-type editor have a look at lyx, though it uses a
modified latex though if you want to do something it doesn't know
about you can put latex commands into it. It can import and export a
variety of formats.