[LUG] Problem with partition

Hi I have a wierd problem with a partition on my laptop.
I have a partition which screwd up resizing (original vista partition)
I fdisked the format to linux and then did mkefs and copied a bunch of
files over - everything seemed to go well - however when I try to
mount I get

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda2,
missing codepage or other error
       dmesg | tail  or so

 /sbin/e2fsck /dev/sda2
e2fsck 1.39 (29-May-2006)
Couldn't find ext2 superblock, trying backup blocks...
/sbin/e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/sda2

filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

mount  /dev/sda2 /mnt
$MFT has invalid magic.
Failed to load $MFT: Input/output error
Failed to startup volume: Input/output error
Failed to mount '/dev/sda2': Input/output error
NTFS is inconsistent. Run chkdsk /f on Windows then reboot it TWICE!
The usage of the /f parameter is very IMPORTANT! No modification was
made to NTFS by this software.

cant understand now (it shouldn't be fscking ntfs)