[LUG] Ubuntu/Audacity at Children's Week

Hi folks,

We'll as you may or may not be aware, it's Children's Week next week.   As
usual I was asked at the last minute to get a PC together so kids who
visit the Gemini caravan (yup, thats what I've been told - it's a
caravan), will be able to record a 'link' between songs.

We did something similar earlier on this year at the Devon County Show
although the editing was done on Adobe Audition running on Windows (to
be fair, I did setup a Linux based music playout system).

Anyway, this time due to the fact I can't find any decent open source
easy to use CD writer software for Windows (CD Record was too
complicated for them), I've instead installed Ubuntu 7.04 and Audacity/K3B.

So, if you're down in Paignton next week feel free to drop by and see
Ubuntu running on the Gemini stand.  They will be there from Monday 20th
to Friday 24th August.

I'm also hoping that I can get them to give out some OpenCDs on the
stand too.

Rob