Re: [LUG] Ethernet Router- recommendations?

My Vigor 2800VG is sitting in a box.

Why? Because it still has numerous faults that still haven't been fixed
or won't be fixed by Draytek, such as the lack of multicast support,
wireless is awful, the ADSL chipset has problems with maxdsl on some
lines (BT will not accept a fault from an ISP if a draytek 2800 is
involved), there are problems with dns, it cannot properly traceroute,
it needs rebooting sometimes, it reboots itself sometimes, QoS does
nothing, and that's just the stuff off the top of my head. Draytek
either claim that none of these faults exist, or they say they will fix
it, and newer firmwares don't fix it or break other things. They are
useless.

And it's not just my opinion either - see the draytek UK forum.

I got a Cisco 827 for cheap on ebay. Sure it takes a lot of configuring
and learning but I'm impressed at how well it just works.

Shaun