Re: [LUG] Ethernet Router- recommendations?

Linksys make some incredible products like the WRT54G-L and the NSLU2.

The WRT54G with http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato is particularly
awesome. I've managed to create a very reliable Wireless cloud with WDS
and no cables running between the two WRT54Gs I have.

I have a couple of WAG broadband routers and they do suck. When open
source projects do their firmware it is so much better compared to the
(open) software they come up with.

I've seen a lot worse though from netgear and other manufacturers.

http://natalian.org/archives/2006/12/24/linksys-wag354g-and-wrt54g/

        I would advise a Vigor Draytek every time althougth a little more
expensive that most it's a very good router with excellent facilities.  If
cost is a factor then its got to be a Netgear 834g.

        Cheers
        Charlie