Re: [LUG] vlp torrent server redux

On Thursday 16 August 2007 02:02, Michael Mortimore wrote:
> > * and has anyone seen a low power power supply - 450 watts is bound to
> > take ~5 watts idling...
>
> http://mini-itx.com/store/?c=10#picoPSU
>
> 120watts. only a bit bigger than the hole on the mobo.
Cheers: but its a lot of money for a small amount of silicon and a pcb and
then it needs a mains adaptor!
I've been trying to find out what sort of power an min-itx board runs at and
it looks like you can get somewhere well below 30W.
I'm wondering if a headless laptop might be a better solution.
Tom te tom te tom