Re: [LUG] Exeter Hospital Radio Fun Day

On Tuesday 14 August 2007 13:26, Rob Beard wrote:
> Maybe I haven't set it up right, it certainly fills the hard drive on
> my machine.  I'm only using motion to grab a snap shot, add the
> date/time and a bit of text onto the image and then leave the image in
> another location for uploading via FTP.  Still it does that really
> well.  I've setup a cron job to prune the leftover files every hour so
> I'm not so bothered about it leaving a load of files lying around.  In
> fact it might be handy to keep copies of these files in the future (in
> case the presenters in the studio do anything funny).
>
> I'd certainly say Motion is much better than something I tried a
> couple of years back which was some complicated motion capture app
> which had a complicated web interface to set it up (can't remember the
> name of it).
>
> Rob

How often is it taking the snapshots?  What size/format are they?
I guess for studio use, then you may well prefer to have higher quality and
more regular images - but yes, they will fill a drive if you have high
settings!  As you are doing - using ftp to transfer to another location - is
what I do with mine as well.
Using the mo