Re: [LUG] permissions and potential new user

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 11:22 +0100, james kilty wrote:
>  It tells me I do not have permissions to write to the folder
> (even though I did so yesterday to the blank disk). In
> properties>permissions it tells me file owner is root. Attempting to
> change user to root, it does not recognise my password, even though I
> use it routinely for updates.

Hi James

I hesitate to mention this as it is rather simple (probably too simple).
However I have noticed with Ubuntu that if I do not log in as the
"original" user (the one who installed the system) I have only limited
access to some resources.

I can not remember if this includes sudo.

Peter