Re: [LUG] Powerful Gnome. WAS Exeter Hospital Radio Fun Day

On Thursday 09 August 2007 19:07, Neil Williams wrote:

> Now if Mono can move to GPL3, Mono in Gnome will actually be a powerful
> lever *against* the interests of proponents of software patents like MS.
Mono is effectively controlled by Novell who have just signed up with MSatan
for 'something' .
Now while it is theoretically possible for it to go to GPL3 we shall have to
wait and see. However from my readings of many newsgroups etc mono is rapidly
developing pariah status. M de Icaza has too much invested in it to back down
I think so Gnome just got shafted. To assume MSatan intended for this to
happen is probably to give them to much credit but you can bet they're gonna
milk it for all its worth.

Tom te tom te tom te tom