Re: [LUG] Poisoned Gnome? WAS Exeter Hospital Radio Fun Day

On 09/08/07, Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thursday 09 August 2007 12:51, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> > > Not 100% sure but this worked for me on w2k with kubuntu (ubuntu with KDE
> > > - soon to be the defacto window manager for Linux as Gnome is possibly
> > > being poisened ) :
> >
> > Have I missed something here?!
> Theres moves afoot to make Mono an essential part of gnome.
> Mono is the .NET for linux etc and some are worried that this will give M$
> control over it.

Having Mono as part of gnome doesn't worry me at all, and I've been
paying attention to these things.

Mono is an implementation of the ECMA standard so has nothing to fear
in Europe as long as Software Patents are unenforcable - as soon as
Software Patents become enforcable most software and programmers, Free
or proprietary will be at risk.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk