Re: [LUG] Poisoned Gnome? WAS Exeter Hospital Radio Fun Day

On Thursday 09 August 2007 12:51, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> > Not 100% sure but this worked for me on w2k with kubuntu (ubuntu with KDE
> > - soon to be the defacto window manager for Linux as Gnome is possibly
> > being poisened ) :
>
> Have I missed something here?!
Theres moves afoot to make Mono an essential part of gnome.
Mono is the .NET for linux etc and some are worried that this will give M$
control over it.
I like .NET and mono a lot but am getting more worried that
a) M$ get software patents in europe
b) the FUD meisters (on both sides) scare people into buying M$ license to run
FLOSS.
Tom te tom te tom