Re: [LUG] Forwarded: Community perl survey

On 02/08/07, Martijn <sweetwatergeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 8/1/07, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> forwarded:
> > Take part in the 2007 Perl Survey!
>
> Speaking of perl, any perl mongers here?

Yes.

> I joined the Devon & Cornwall Perl Mongers mailing list a couple of months
> ago and there has been exactly one post on it since. Are people on other
> lists - regional or general?

Then start the ball rolling - feel free to bring any perl stuff up.
There are a fair few lurkers on the devon/cornwall perl mongers lists,
and most of us end up posting about perl elsewhere.

I'm subscribed to london.pm, but it's more of a social than technical
list - although it can get very technical and very perl oriented every
now and again. There is a list of perl lists hosted at perl.org, have
a look at the perl5 wiki for mailing lists - there are lists for
projects, as well as technical subjects and regions.

> I subscribed to a list hosted on ittoolbox.com, but there's
> hardly any traffic either. It would be nice is there was something
> similar to DCGLUG, to chat about our perl scripts, to ask questions
> and to help out others.

The perl.org beginner lists tend to good for chatting about scripts -
most perl monger lists are more about work and social stuff. You can
read the archives to get a feel for them.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk