[LUG] Demoscene party near Exeter, might be of interest to some DCLUG Members

Hi,

The UK's only demoscene party, Sundown is back for 2007! Check the website:

http://www.sundowndemoparty.org/

The party is taking place on the 7th-9th of September in the beautiful
seaside
town of Budleigh Salterton which is near Exeter, in the South-West of
England.

This year we have the added incentive of having UK Sceners assist
international
visitors travel across the UK to the partyplace, and already some
sceners are
taking advantage of the Sundown Car Pool. For those based in the UK, we
have
directions from the M5 motorway to the party place on the site.

Entry is £30. So far we have 47 confirmed visitors out of a capacity of 100.

We of course have the same excellent kitchen facilities, great
soundsystem and
projection, and of course a fantastic party atmosphere.

We aim to be platform agnostic, supporting both Old Skool and New Skool
productions, with many competitions open to external entry.

The competitions that are open are:

   * Newschool: Demo and Intro [32bit+ Amiga or PC].
   * Oldschool Demo: [8/16bit].
   * Old School Chiptune [Info to follow].
   * Art: ANSI / ASCII / Old School Graphics [TBC] / New School Graphics.

Competitions that require at least one member of a group or person present:

   * Newschool Music [Ogg/Mp3/Renoise].
   * Oldschool Music [XM/IT/S3M/Hively/AHX].
   * Photo.

The party is growing each year, and each year brings new surprises. Our
first
party had Gasman debut the first iPod demo, and the next year had a very
special
visitor in the form of Mark Shuttleworth, the founder of Ubuntu - and
also the
first South African Cosmonaut in space.

Please do get back in touch if you wish to come along, and also bring other
people if you can. You can reply to my personal address and I'll be
happy to
answer any questions. In addition, the web site has forums that
Sundown visitors and staff frequent.

Thank you for reading, hopefully see you at the party!

Ruairi (rc55 / ukscene)