Re: [LUG] Working in wine!

christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Posted by "Berry Christopher" <christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> Dear friends,
> is there anyone out there who has wine up and successfully running a programme
> inside it?
> I have wine going and Adobe Elements installed - the printers works well but
> although Elements (in wine) recognises the correct Usb ports etc I can't get the
> HP Photosmart to scan or the Epson 2480 to scan.
> Any ideas?
> I am keen to get Elements going as I have worked with Adobe progs for so long.
> I've had Pagemaker 6.5 installed and running but there are problems using it.
> Cheers,
> Christopher
> alias Grandad.

Hmmm, you may find that Wine might not emulate the Twain drivers which
are required to scan.  Just a thought, could you use SANE in Linux to
scan the images, you should be able to at least edit them in Elements then.

Other than that the only other way I can think of doing it is to install
something like VMWare or VirtualBox and then run a copy of Windows on
there.  You should at least (hopefully) be able to use your USB ports on
the virtual PC and then run the HP software to scan images like that.

Rob