Re: [LUG] Working in wine!

christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Posted by "Berry Christopher" <christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> Dear friends,
> is there anyone out there who has wine up and successfully running a programme
> inside it?

I'm very impressed with wine. It now runs corel photopaint flawlessly,
along with several other apps and a surprising number of games (though
I've only tried older ones).

> I have wine going and Adobe Elements installed - the printers works well but
> although Elements (in wine) recognises the correct Usb ports etc I can't get the
> HP Photosmart to scan or the Epson 2480 to scan.
> Any ideas?

Getting wine to work with hardware is sometimes more of an issue. I
don't know about scanners and I've never bothered with printers. Usually
it requires wine to make the link between the windows subsystem and the
linux one (e.g. twain to sane for scanners or the windows print system
to cups).