Re: [LUG] Leadtek Winfast VC100 /w Xandros (Debian based 2.6.11 kernel)

Julian Hall wrote:

> At the moment when I run the app it says 'No Signal' even though dual
> booting to Windows shows there is a signal present.  Obviously I need to
> install and configure some packages to make it work.  Among other things
> this link - http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linux/kernel/535271 -
> seems to suggest a patch is needed for the VC100 to work properly.
> However the posting assumes knowledge I do not have, e.g. exactly what
> I'm supposed to be patching and how.

The patch above appears to delete the line ".no_video" from the driver
for the card in question.

I don't see this line in 2.6.15, which is the earliest kernel code I
have to hand, which suggests that this change was accepted, and if your
kernel is 2.6.15 or newer (possibly earlier - google suggests it
probably went in in 2.6.12-rc4 - so 2.6.12 or newer is fine) you should
have this change already.

See running kernel with;
$ cat /proc/version

I'll let others with capture cards comment on their choice of software.

Xandros must have a kernel more recent than 2.6.11 available, so
probably you should just make sure the software installed is up to date,
especially the kernel package, as any more recent kernel package will
probably "just work".

 Simon