Re: [LUG] Web pages manipulations server side was Re: Mass editing text files?

Tom Potts wrote:

> they dont come up in searches for "html dom parser perl" which doesnt help!

I don't think you want DOM and HTML in there, in the server side speak
DOM is an XML term.

In true Debian fashion....

$apt-cache search perl parser dom
libxml-checker-perl - Perl modules for validating XML
libxml-dom-perl - Perl module for building DOM Level 1 compliant doc
structures
libxml-easyobj-perl - Easy XML object navigation in perl
libxml-libxml-perl - Perl module for using the GNOME libxml2 library
libxml-perl - Perl modules for working with XML
libxml-xerces-perl - Perl API to Xerces XML parser
libxml-xslt-perl - Perl module for processing XSLT

$apt-cache search html perl parser
libhtml-lint-perl - Check for HTML errors in a string or file
libhtml-parser-perl - A collection of modules that parse HTML text documents
libhtml-scrubber-perl - Perl extension for scrubbing/sanitizing html
libhtml-tokeparser-simple-perl - Perl module used to tokenize HTML documents
libpsp-html-parser-perl - Version of HTML::Parser for PSP
libwhisker-perl - Perl module geared for HTTP testing

I snipped the non-Perl results.

CPAN has more.

>> Checkout Web Valet, and Accessibility proxy. He also did a lot
>> of work with the W3 in this area, and reports he is doing a lot with
>> Apache (not just writing books on the topic).

> cant find them.....

Odd the valet has fantastic page rank - PR9 - means it turns up whatever
you search for in Google, it even makes page 1 for "valet" ?! Perils of
too many links from the w3.org website.

http://valet.webthing.com/
http://proxy.webthing.com/