Re: [LUG] Web pages manipulations server side was Re: Mass editing text files?

On Friday 27 July 2007 17:09, Simon Waters wrote:
> Tom Potts wrote:
> > they dont come up in searches for "html dom parser perl" which doesnt
> > help!
>
> I don't think you want DOM and HTML in there, in the server side speak
> DOM is an XML term.
in HTML parsing DOM is THE word in the 'client side'!

> In true Debian fashion....
Not good on Google
> Odd the valet has fantastic page rank - PR9 - means it turns up whatever
> you search for in Google, it even makes page 1 for "valet" ?! Perils of
> too many links from the w3.org website.
Google search for Web Valet revealed a couple of 'we host your sites' and some
car cleaning stuff - oh and a front page for a WebThing that looked
like ...well... a web thing... not a lot of help really...

> http://valet.webthing.com/
thats better....
> http://proxy.webthing.com/
not running......

I'll try and be a bit more constructive later but got guests up for the
weekend..

Tom te tom te tom