Re: [LUG] teaching computer games as GSCE

> > Ok personal opinions on the daily mail aside,   this sounds Like an
> > ideal opportunity to get OSS into schools,  how better to learn how
> > somthing works than look at the actual source code, and notes written by
> > the people who wrote the software.

One of the great things about the OLPC: it has a "show source" button,
that will immediately show you the source code of the current
application you're running :D Even if Microsoft gave away copies of
Windows (they're doing $3 copies now I think), they would never
replicate this feature which is so amazingly useful when it comes to
learning and understanding!

Also related to this subject is Stallman's essays on why schools
should only use free software:

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/schools.html

Oh, and one more link that's of interest:

http://www.redhat.com/v/magazine/ogg/olpcEp04.ogg

A 5min video (latest in a series) about the OLPC. They talk with
teachers and students at schools where they've been testing them in
Brazil. Seems like they've been very welcome!

Best,

Jon