Re: [LUG] Small Magazine

Neil Stone wrote:
> I seem to recall that Scribus is in repos fairly globally and universally...
>
> Right tool for the job is whats needed.. Why people insert a jpeg image in
> a word file and send it that way i'll never know.. just send the .jpg file
> damnit.. </rant>
Heh.. reminds me of a customer I once had... back when 14.4 modems were
current.  He couldn't send a Word doc so I asked him how big it was.

Cmr:  8 pages
Me:  No in Kilobytes
(explains how to browse to it)
Cmr: It's only 8 pages with one picture per page
Me: *lightbulb* 'pictures??' OK how big is it in Kilobytes?
Cmr: 32xxx [I don't recall the exact figure :)]
Me:  32 *thousand* K?
Cmr:  Yes why won't it send it's only 8 pages!
Me: *head->desk moment*  Your computer doesn't *work* in pages.....
*explanation of how it DOES work ensues with slightly caustic comment
that perhaps it would be faster to post the document than email it*

Ended up pointing out that the recipient probably didn't have a 32
Megabyte mailbox anyway so it would a) bounce b) kill the recipient's
mailbox c) annoy a lot of people.

Kind regards,

Julian