[LUG] Cinelerra and Ubuntu Feisty

Just tried installing cinelerra on ubuntu feisty
and it says it installed okay, and its added an
icon to my Applications > Sound and Video menu.

But when I click on said icon, a window appears
briefly and then vanishes.  When I try to run
from the command line I get this...

anton@chaoshex5:~$ cinelerra
Cinelerra 2.1CV (C) 2006 Heroine Virtual Ltd.
Compiled on Tue Apr 24 13:30:34 UTC 2007

Cinelerra is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License,
and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
certain conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for Cinelerra.
Illegal instruction (core dumped)
anton@chaoshex5:~$

I presume (core dumped) means some kind of
error log has been produced.  But really
I'm kind of stuck... :)