Re: [LUG] spamassasin retraining

James Fidell wrote:
> Tom Potts wrote:
>> Someone commented earlier about 'retraining' spamassasin
>> In Kontact under 'Tools' : 'Anti-Spam Wizard' seems to configure it OK - it
>> can detect a few spam filters automatically. After than under 'Settings'
>> 'Configure Filters' its configured to run sa-learn as appropriate when you
>> mark messages as spam or ham. Its a lot easier than following the normal
>> instructions!
>
> In my case, all my email is stored on an IMAP server though.  One of the
> things I've seen done is to have scripts on the IMAP server to collect
> messages from a user's spam folder and feed them into sa-learn on a
> regular basis, but that does mean that you have to trust your users not
> to incorrectly file non-spam, accidentally or otherwise.

I use spamassassin at my hosts server server, but I just get it to
add something like [SPAM] [RATING: 20.2 ] [THRESHOLD: 5.0 ] to the
beginning of anything it thinks is spam.  I download it all anyway,
but it makes Thunderbirds job a lot easier.  I suppose if SA labelled
something spam that wasn't I'd have to retrain it, but so far I've
had no problems. :)

So far I've only had to train Thunderbirds built in spam filter. :)

Anton