Re: [LUG] CSS driving me nuts

On 7/13/07, Martijn <sweetwatergeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Should I care about IE5? As its really old and very broken should i
> > just ignore this problem. At the end of the day I need to maintain a
> > professional image for the site its not my homebrew hobby site. Any
> > idea how to fix the menu spacing for IE5?
>
> I did a "grep -c" on today's access log for our website -which,
> admittedly, is mainly aimed at IT professionals- and the number of
> visitors using IE6 or 7 is 20 times as high as the number of visitors
> using IE5.

Well a good proportion of the visitors will be university's and medium
to large companies so they should all be on something newer that IE5
(hopefully!)

> By the way, the site looks fine in Opera (7.54/Windows), as well as in
> the text browsers lynx and w3m.

Cool thanks for the test. Didn't think about checking in lynx, I am
actually supplied by how good it does work.

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk