Re: [LUG] Samba is signing up for GPL v3

On Tuesday 10 July 2007 20:30, Rob Beard wrote:

> Ahh I see, so Novell got away with it, but if M$ strike any more deals
> like this then the patent deal covers everyone.  Take it M$ won't have
> any more deals like this then.
>
> Did the Linspire/M$ deal or that other one (can't remember which distro
> it was) happen before the date which all this became enforced or did
> they get away with it too?

The license states that agreements made before 28 March 2007 aren't covered.
The other deals (with Linspire and Xandros) were made in June, so I'm not
sure what the repercussions on those deals may be - everyone is talking about
the Microsoft/Novell deal at the moment, with little attention being given to
the other two.

Regards,
David.

--