Re: [LUG] Adopting a penguin

Rob Beard wrote:
> james kilty wrote:
>> On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 22:09 +0100, Mark Jose wrote:
>>
>>> I can ask about Newquay Zoo tomorrow if you
>>> are interested.
>> When I am next at Paraise Park I'll do the same. For an advert???? And
>> leaflets??????
>>
>> james kilty
>> http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk
>>

> Well if it's anything like Living Coasts we'd get a plaque.
>
> Shame we couldn't get a real life penguin to a meet.  Maybe we could
> have a meet at the zoo.  I'm sure the penguins would have some great
> input on what is better, Gnome or KDE. :)
>
> Rob

Someone on the Ubuntu-UK mailing list asked about getting a life size
tux suit when I mentioned about sponsoring a penguin, I then found this...

http://www.adaptive-it.co.uk/news_livingcoast.html

(Adaptive IT were the company I spoke to last year at Business South
West about Linux, they had a life size Tux suit which was great).

Rob