[LUG] Bizarr temperature halt

Hi,

My machine, after a certain amount of time keeps shutting down - so I had a look at the message logs and found the following (notice anything bizarr?):

----------------- start of snippet ----------
Jul  7 18:15:56 localhost kernel: ACPI: Critical trip point
Jul  7 18:15:56 localhost kernel: Critical temperature reached (-264 C), shutting down.
Jul  7 18:15:56 localhost shutdown[2877]: shutting down for system halt

The temperature is -264! i.e. minus 264.

Is this a special error?

I have one idea that it could be my BIOS battery running out... Or do I just need to give my fan a hoover?

Has anyone come across this before?

Cheers

Jody